Larry James Presents. . .
Helping Others Help Themselves!
Hear Larry James Speak!
Top 10 Things to do to Make Your Signature File Sell
1. Write your full name in the top line with your title. Make this the strongest you can. If in business for over 5 years, put that information after your name. For instance, Judy Cullins, 20-year author, speaker and book coach.
2. Write your concept statement, which includes a major benefit on the second line. Ask associates to give you feedback on your best five. For instance, "Helps entrepreneurs manifest their book and web dreams." Or, "Empowers you to live your ideal work dream."
3. Write in one book title in the third line. Like me, perhaps you've written several books. Depending on your purpose such as sending a how to article on say, a topic like "Submit Articles to Opt-in Ezines - the #One Way to Promote your Business on the Net." Even though authoring other books on writing, in this signature file, I included "eBk: "Drastically Increase your Targeted Web Traffic and Sales"
4. Follow the 2004 new law. Write your street address, city and zip in the fourth line. I imagine this is to stop spam. Some people may not be so Internet literate too, and may want to contact you by mail. Always make it easy for your reader to connect.
5. Put your web site address in line five. Be sure to include the hyperlink such as http://www.AuthorsandSpeakersNetwork.com - it will be underlined in blue. If you submit articles to opt-in ezines you will not use hyperlink, but can ask your article reader to use the hyperlink when they put your article up on their web site.
6. Make a free offer in line six. This may be a free report or your free ezine. Include the title of your free ezine or report and include a hyperlink to get it at your site. Or, if you don't have that set up yet, give directions to put "free report" in subject line of their email back to you.
In just 4-7 times of reading your ezine or reading your special reports (change them periodically in your signature file), you will gain a loyal supporter who shares your reports and ezine with others. Great Internet marketing!
7. Include your email address with a hyperlink. For example, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org is better than email@example.com. The hyperlink makes it easier for your reader to take action because all they have to do is click straight through to the goodies.
8. Include your toll-free number for orders. You never know when someone will see that number and call you immediately after reading your email full of useful information. Thats a way to build your practice, clients, and customers.
9. Include your local telephone number. For people out of country, you need to include a number they can use. Again, you are making it easy for your client to be to reach you.
10. Alter your signature file now and then. Many coaches and speakers like the paragraph form for their signature file. You can also combine the information in a list and then with a line to separate, a paragraph or bio about you.
Without a powerful sales-oriented signature file you will lose many contacts that can lead to sales. Modify yours today and watch your profits grow.
Copyright © - Judy Cullins. - Reprinted with permission. Judy is an author, publisher, and book coach. She helps writers manifest their book dreams. 24 clients published since 1999! "Write Your eBook or Other Short Book-Fast!" - www.bookcoaching.com. Send an e-mail to Subscribe@bookcoaching.com. The Book Coach Says... For 2 free eReports Judy@bookcoaching.com.
If you would like to talk one-on-one with Larry James about issues related to this article, you are invited to arrange for a private coaching session by telephone. Go to Author & Speaker Coaching for specific details and fees.
Back to Top
Health & Wellness | Kick Butt Author/Speaker Products
Add Larry James as a friend on Facebook
Larry James AuthorsandSpeakersNetwork.com P.O. Box 12695 Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2695
Web Design - Larry James - www.CelebrateLove.com